It's rather commonly asked how to solve <x> problem when you are running ZNC with two or more clients connected to one user.
This page aims to describe some helpful modules you might wish to load to see if they fit your needs, and can be used as reference to see what is available.
Core Modules are included by default with ZNC and can be enabled at any time with
/znc LoadMod <module_name>
- Route Replies by multiple authors [source] [znc >= 0.094]
- Essential if you have multiple clients. This ensures responses to what the client requests (mostly within the background) from the server (e.g. /WHO, /WHOIS, and so on) are routed to the correct client. If you are seeing a bunch of WHO responses in your status window of your client, it probably means you need to load this module.
- Client Buffer by jpnurmi [source] [znc >= 1.6.0] (original, updated version linked below)
- This is the buffer playback ZNC offers, but it keeps track of which client has received the buffer and which client hasn't.
- The version above has become rather out-of-date. You may find the fork by CyberShadow here to work better. Fixes/improvements include: timestamps fixed, 1.7.x support (which takes advantage of the new APIs, and is still backwards compatible), timelimit option, code cleanup, and additional smaller fixes.
- Also, note the patch by BtbN to fix this issue with high CPU and disk usage on connect here. The functionality of this patch is included in CyberShadow's version linked directly above.
- ChanFilter by jpnurmi [source] [znc >= 1.6.0]
- The channel filter module maintains client specific channel lists for identified clients. A typical use case is to have a subset of channels visible for a mobile client.