There is a script in my make-tarball git branch for generating tarballs.Remember, remember:
git checkout make-tarball -- make-tarball.sh && git rm --cached make-tarball.sh
- Check todo lists and bug trackers.
- Check whether our-of-source builds still work.
- Release an "-alpha1" and notice that nobody tests it.
- Do a "-beta1" which still no one tests.
- For "-rc1", we finally do some version number changes
- Update version number in *main.h* and configure.ac* (use VERSION-rc1 here)
- Add an undef for VERSION_EXTRA and define VERSION_EXTRA to "-rc1" in main.h
git addall modified files, so that make-tarball.sh picks them up.
- Release tarball. (
Release, release, release
- Revert the changes from above
- Prepare changelog.txt based on ChangeLog/git, let everyone check it
- git pull!!!!
- Update version number in *main.h* and *configure.ac*
- Commit ("Increase the version number to foo")
- Create tarball (make-tarball.sh)
- Tag the new version in git (Use the changelog as commit msg, first line is "ZNC 0.foo")
git tag -s znc-0.foo HEAD
- Bump version number to foo+1. (Commit msg: "Increase the version number to foo+1")
- Update the wiki
- Upload the release files to people.znc.in/.
- The files themselves go directly into old/
- The main dir only gets symlinks
- Ping Kuja to update znc.in/releases