|← 1.2||ZNC 1.4||1.6.0 →|
|This is an old ZNC version. If you still use it, please consider upgrading to 1.6.5.|
This release is done to fix a denial of service attack through webadmin. After authentication, users can crash ZNC through a use-after-delete. Additionally, a number of fixes and nice, low-risk additions from our development branch is included.
In detail, these are:
- Reduce users' confusion during --makeconf.
- Warn people that making ZNC listen on port 6667 might cause problems with some web browsers.
- Always generate a SSL certificate during --makeconf.
- Stop asking for a bind host / listen host in --makeconf. People who don't want wildcard binds can configure this later.
- Don't create ~/.znc/modules if it doesn't exist yet.
- Fix a use-after-delete in webadmin. CVE-2014-9403
- Honor the BindHost whitelist when configuring BindHosts in controlpanel module.
- Ignore trailing whitespace in
- Change formatting of startup messages so that we never overwrite part of a message when printing the result of an action.
- Fix configure on non-bash shells.
- Send the correct error for invalid CAP subcommands.
- Make sure znc-buildmod includes zncconfig.h at the beginning of module code.
- Make awaystore automatically call the Ping command when the Back command is used.
- Add SSL information and port number to servers in network list in webadmin.
- Disable password autocompletion when editing users in webadmin.
- Make nickserv module work on StarChat.net and ircline.org.
- Remove accidental timeout for run commands in shell module.
- certauth now uses a case insensitive comparison on hexadecimal fingerprints.
- Correct double output.
- Add support for the MaxNetworks global setting.
- Add support for the BindHost per-network setting.
modperl and modpython
OnDeleteNetworkmodule hooks work.
- Don't create .pyc files during compilation.
- Fix modperl on MacOS X. Twice.
- Require at least SWIG 2.0.12 on MacOS X.
- Don't redefine _FORTIFY_SOURCE if compiler already defines it.
- Cache list of available timezones instead of re-reading it whenever it is needed.
- Improve const-correctness.
- Fix various low-priority compiler warnings.
- Change in-memory storage format for ServerThrottle.
- Use native API on Win32 to replace a file with another file.
- Add src/version.cpp to .gitignore.