Difference between revisions of "HowToRelease"
Revision as of 15:12, 22 April 2017
- Check todo lists and bug trackers.
- Prepare ChangeLog/git, let everyone check it.
To release RC1
- Update version number in include/version.h and configure.ac, make a new branch 1.6.2 from 1.6.x, commit with message ZNC 1.6.2-rc1. (probably version.h should mention -rc1 in VERSION_STR?)
diff --git a/configure.ac b/configure.ac index 2c25258..53a4527 100644 --- a/configure.ac +++ b/configure.ac @@ -7,7 +7,7 @@ AC_DEFUN([AC_PROG_CC], [m4_errprint(__file__:__line__[: Something is trying to u dnl Needed for AC_PATH_PROGS_FEATURE_CHECK which was added in 2.62 AC_PREREQ([2.62]) dnl Keep the version number in sync with version.h! -AC_INIT([znc], [1.6.x]) +AC_INIT([znc], [1.6.2-rc1]) AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4]) AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([src/znc.cpp]) AC_LANG([C++]) diff --git a/include/znc/version.h b/include/znc/version.h index 14d7bf1..d2c4b0b 100644 --- a/include/znc/version.h +++ b/include/znc/version.h @@ -4,9 +4,9 @@ // The following defines are for #if comparison (preprocessor only likes ints) #define VERSION_MAJOR 1 #define VERSION_MINOR 6 -#define VERSION_PATCH -1 +#define VERSION_PATCH 2 // This one is for display purpose -#define VERSION_STR "1.6.x" +#define VERSION_STR "1.6.2" // This one is for ZNCModInfo #define VERSION (VERSION_MAJOR + VERSION_MINOR / 10.0)
- Modify make-tarball.sh to have DESC="-rc1" (TODO: figure it out automatically), run ./make-tarball.sh 1.6.2-rc1 without commiting that change.
- Test the tarball, publish it.
- Tag the last commit with znc-1.6.2-rc1 (but without annotated tag), push commit and tag to github.
- Set Template:ZNC-Version-Alpha to 1.6.2-rc1
Release, release, release
- Revert changes to make-tarball.sh from above
- git pull!!!!
- Update version number in configure.ac
diff --git a/configure.ac b/configure.ac index 53a4527..dae417f 100644 --- a/configure.ac +++ b/configure.ac @@ -7,7 +7,7 @@ AC_DEFUN([AC_PROG_CC], [m4_errprint(__file__:__line__[: Something is trying to u dnl Needed for AC_PATH_PROGS_FEATURE_CHECK which was added in 2.62 AC_PREREQ([2.62]) dnl Keep the version number in sync with version.h! -AC_INIT([znc], [1.6.2-rc1]) +AC_INIT([znc], [1.6.2]) AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4]) AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([src/znc.cpp]) AC_LANG([C++])
- Update ChangeLog.md based on ChangeLog/git
- Commit ("Increase the version number to 1.6.2")
- Create tarball (make-tarball.sh 1.6.2)
- Tag the new version in git (Use the changelog as msg, first line is "ZNC 1.6.2")
- git tag -s znc-1.6.2 HEAD
- git push --tags
- Merge 1.6.2 to 1.6.x, delete branch 1.6.2
- (If minor release?) Revert changes to version.h and configure.ac
- (If major release?) Bump version number to foo+1. (Commit msg: "Increase the version number to foo+1")
- Update the wiki
- Move ChangeLog/git and create that page again, remove released=no from version header.
- Update Template:ZNC-Version.
- Clear Template:ZNC-Version-Alpha.
- Upload the release files to znc.in/.
- Accessible as /srv/znc.in/www/htdocs/ on harpy.
- The files have to be chgrp's to user group znc!!!
- The files themselves go directly into archive/
- The main dir only gets symlinks
- Write znc-1.6.2-changelog.txt
- Update version number on Wikipedia.
- Update topic on freenode channel
- Update cygwin package using https://github.com/znc/znc-cygwin
- Update docker image using https://github.com/znc/znc-docker and https://github.com/docker-library/official-images